Saturday, February 1, 2014

January in books (1-7/75)

Book are one of my most favorite things.
I can get a serious case of geek out over books.
My house is scattered in books, my bedside table is always adorned with a stack of books. My kindle is hardly far from my side. I might be addicted.

I have read a wide range of books over the years and can enjoy most genres.
I do avoid mystery/thrillers though. Mainly because I read at night a lot and I have an over active imagination (read that as I think the murderer is going to actually show up at my house). You know how it is. Every so often I read one that I keep seeing pop up and I do enjoy it. I just know I can't read them all the time.

I read a bit of YA fiction. I love fantasy books especially paranormal fantasy (so cliche these days I know). I am currently enjoying some autobiographies, wanting to learn about people who fascinate me.

I especially love reading a good series as you get to know the characters over a longer period.
I often find a new author then read EVERYTHING they have ever written.
I might get a little addicted.

I document all my books read over on good reads. Please add me if you are that way inclined.

This year I plan to document what I am reading in this space more. I might even geek out once and a while.
I am not a reviewer, every so often a book blows my mind and I can write more but usually I just rate them.


In January I read:

The first three in the fallen series Raziel, Demon and Warrior by Kristina Douglas.
A friend suggested these to me over a year ago, I finally got around to them. I really enjoyed them and got through those 3 in less than a week.








The bone season by Samantha Shannon
The reviews for this book were popping up everywhere. I gave it a shot, at first I was unsure and I didn't read much in each sitting but after about 1/4 of the way in I was hooked and really really enjoyed it.




Alice in wonderland by Lewis Carroll
I am trying to read more of the "classic" or books that are on "must read" lists. I love the movies based on this so wanted to give it a shot. It is a lot of nonsense but I really did like it.




My stupid girl by Aurora Smith
I won the ebook for this from the review blog Coull critiques, it sat on my kindle for a wee bit then I got into it. I really enjoyed it. It was a bit predicatable in some ways but I liked the characters and I like seeing things like adoption and teen pregnancy being approached in books.




The betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate
 I purchased this one on a clearance table about 4 years ago. Its been sitting there that long.
It was a nice easy read and I quite enjoyed it. I wouldn't rave about it but it was good.






1 comment:

Angela Noelle of SK said...

Pictures aren't showing up...